Thursday, April 28, 2011

My Heart Grieves Today

I spend a lot of time pushing a lawn mower around my yard.  Usually, I would listen to music on my iPod, but a few years ago, I started listening to sermons of various preachers whom I had come to respect.  David Wilkerson, founding pastor of World Challenge Ministries and Times Square Church in New York City, was one of those preachers.  He stood firm in faith and brought thousands to the love of Christ.  This morning, I learned that Rev. Wilkerson was killed yesterday in a terrible head-on collision with a truck in Texas.  His beloved wife, Gwendolyn, survived the crash but is in critical condition.  My heart grieves for this terrible loss.  Although he is now with Jesus and partaking of the glory of God's heavenly kingdom, my prayers are with Gwendolyn, other members of David's family and the multitudes of Christians that were touched by this remarkable human being.  May he rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment